Arepas

I was making tofu lettuce wraps for dinner. Normally, my process involves putting the tofu in the oven to firm up a little more and doing something else for 30 minutes while that goes on.

Confession:
1. I'm not a very patient person

2. I'm an incredibly messy cook

I really try, too. We are having friends over for dinner and I really want to make little arepas for dinner. I've never made them by myself so I wanted to see how long it would take.

Well, it is taking a bit longer and I am making a huge mess.

They look so yummy though!

It will be an interesting dinner to say the least. Tofu lettuce wraps + arepas. hhmm?

In case you don't know...arepas are basically cornmeal patties with salt, oil and a dash of milk. You can put an egg in them too for crispiness. They are a Venezuelan tradition. You can fill them with meats, veggies - eat them with soups - eat them as a side - or just with butter.

They are my childhood favorite and are taking me what feels like 10 hours to cook.

Wish me luck!

I promise to put pictures.

Comments

Popular Posts