Surprises

Back in May, I got an excited call from my sister asking if I wanted to come up to New York. "Duh?!" So, as a "birthday present", she bought me a ticket and explained that it would be a ladies weekend before everything started getting crazy with wedding stuff.

La-di-dah

I arrived in Laguardia and hired a cab to Brooklyn. It was during rush hour and my cab drive was super chatty. As he kept telling me to look over here and there, I was wondering to myself how the trip was going to - her husband was going to be out of town so it would be just her and I. I hoped we didn't get into a fight, I hoped we didn't sleep the whole time and watch law & order...

I got to her front stoop and she was there to greet me - very excitedly. Her husband was sitting on the couch - looking a bit suspicious. Something felt funny. I kept saying I had to pee and she kept saying "No, I have something to show you in the kitchen!"

She's recently learned the art of pickling - so I was imagining she had just opened a jar of pickles that were mind blowing and I had to taste them at that very moment.

And there they were.

My dearest two ladies. The sweetest surprise ever. I still can't believe they had planned this all along. Sneaky. We had an amazing weekend that reminded me of how much I love them and how lucky I am to have them in my life - all 3. We have our fights and we have our laughs - but we still love each other.

Comments

Popular Posts