Oh, Jens...

Thank you for making me feel so lovey.


I've been feeling like I'm coming down with something. Sniffles. Cough. And more sleepy than usual. Yes, I know that is surprising. I talked to my Doctor once about this sleepiness. It runs in the family - my Dad, sister and I have the uncanny ability to fall asleep anywhere, anytime. Just about - I can't take Dad to the movies because he starts snoring. I was hoping my doctor would say maybe we all had a mild case of narcolepsy but instead she said it sounded like we had a form of ADD and wanted to do some tests and blah blah blah. "Nevermind."

So, after waking from my sweet slumber on the couch, I decided to make some miso soup. I looove me some miso soup and it is so easy to make. At sevananda they sell Westbrae Natural: Mellow Brown Rice Miso Paste that conveniently comes with a recipe on the label.



Following my bowl of miso soup, I am making a cup of tea: hot water, ginger, lemon and honey. I realized today that pollen season is near - type to consume more honey!

I haven't been seen sick in 2 years this month which is a little bit of an accomplishment for me. I feel that I'm finally an adult and have learned how to take care of myself and fight off sickness - without having to go to the doctor each time.

I owe a lot of this to my dear friend, Von. I was her intern during my time at WAND. The majority of my eating/cooking habits that I now have I learned from her. She introduced me to Buried Treasure - which I SWEAR by! So, if you feel your self getting sick and rest/tea/any normal stuff isn't doing the trick go buy some Buried Treasure at sevananda (along with miso paste).

Comments

Popular Posts