Seventh Wonder Number 1

I hope everyone had a good weekend! These past few weeks have been tough at work. I don't want to whine but...well, we all know. I am, however, really thankful of the people I have gotten to meet. We've developed quite the support group and I'm sure this year will be our year of improvement. Along with those lines of improvement include getting off my butt. I signed up for flamenco class three weeks ago but it has been delayed due to not enough people signing up so Windy and I have been enjoying long afternoon jogs/power walks. She's been getting a little lazy herself.



Plus, with the fryer we got for Christmas...we've only used it three times but I feel guilty just thinking about it. I'm sorry heart.

This weekend we decided that we would head up to Tallulah Gorge rain or shine. Luckily, the weather was "England-like" - cold and misty - our favorite. The trees looked mysterious and blurred. Like Big Foot was in our midst.



On our way up, we took the scenic route and stopped at a convenience shop which held promises of warm hot cider and memorabilia.



Bobby picked up some Peach Salsa (smells pretty good) and we took a look out there "Free Patio Overlook". They had these awesome boots I wanted to use for plants - I will have to get one on our next trip.



We also learned about the Great Wallenda and later saw the tower he used to cross the gorge.

(I should mention that I am also terribly afraid of heights and get scared even seeing my loved ones near edges. At our old 3rd floor apartment, I want to put white lights around our patio - of course due to my fear - Bobby had to do it. Thinking back, this was probably extremely dangerous and if Bobby's Mom ever heard that I let him do this would be very upset. 3rd story + Bobby standing on a chair hanging lights = me crying in fear and him laughing)- I enjoyed the views at the gorge by casually standing/holding onto a pole or any available railing.

Before our trip to Hawaii, every time we saw a sign for a scenic route one of us usually exclaimed, "Should we?!" "Yeah" "Nah." "Yeah..." "Nah, I don't think you can see anything(drives past sign and possibly most beautiful sight in the world, too bad) "Too late". But now we know. Plus, it doesn't hurt.



The park had a very easy trail with 5 Overlooks - which was great for those of us out of shape - Luci. The hounds were well behaved the whole day and seemed to enjoy the time in their natural habitat.



These are the remnants of the tower Wallenda used to cross the gorge



And if you look closely in this picture you will see a red tower towards the center - that's where he finished.



I'm not sure which wonder we are going to visit next but we're starting to add more to our list - Ruby Falls and Cloudland Canyon.

Comments

  1. You made me want to go to Tallulah! Maggie needs some exercise. I went to Cloudland Canyon a while back - it's so pretty; be ready for some stairs and take your bathing suit :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts