Two Weeks In

We're two weeks into the New Year and besides Bobby's stomach flu he had the first weekend, it has been an awesome year so far.

Christmas was rushed but nice. We didn't get to spend as much time as we wanted with our loved ones but atleast we got to see their beautiful faces and tell them how much we love them.

Bobby took one for the team and went to work on Christmas Eve. I spent the majority of the day at home cooking and chatting away with Kelly. It was very sweet. I miss my ladies but I am so proud of them.

I baked a traditional venezolano receta - pan de jamon. Actually, I'm lying it wasn't traditional. Traditionally, you put olives and/or raisins. I had neither so it was just good ole ham and cheese bread:



Other dishes we had on our menu were:

Cauliflower Poppers - so delicious I made them again for New Years


This picture doesn't do them justice - they're really packed with flavor! Hence, the name cauliflower POPPERS.

Parmigiano Reggiano Broccoli


Horseradish Mashed Potatoes


As you can tell, we're loving our kitchen even more with all the new toys we got from the wedding. My breadmaker makes the most delicious pizza dough -


Our goal this Christmas was to make everything homemade. (Because we're broke.)I made these "gift bags" which looked like a 5th grader's art project. I don't think I got any pictures of them. We also made each of our family members their own personal cornbread:



That evening Bobby's mom got into town and we made a vegan pizza together. Again very sweet.

We stayed at my Dad's house over Christmas and I did what I do best: Snoop. I found a treasure of photos in the garage. Makes me really appreciate film.

Such gems:





Comments

  1. these photos! gems is right...

    that ham & cheese bread?! daaaaang.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts