Bodas de Sangre

I started my flamenco class last week and so far I love it. Last night was our second class. We spent the beginning of class watching footage of this Gypsy family performing and listening to the music. I've alwayed loved flamenco. The music stirs up so much emotion within me I never know if to cry or laugh. The dance is absolutely beautiful and, to me, embodies every emotion - but most importantly passion.

To me, Spanish people are so full of passion. They love passionately, they cook passionately and they fight passionately. Watching the dancers always makes me think of a couple fighting. It is such a beautiful expression of emotion.



I bought the skirt. Next is the shoes. Then practice. It is a great upper body workout. Our teacher says that yoga and Pilate help so I will be doing those as well. I really want to learn this dance and be decent enough.

Ole

Comments

  1. really i love it the dance the music the way you explaing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts