Callin me, all the time like blondie

I've been sleeping so well the past two nights. So well in fact that last night I had a dream I was at a friend's house asleep in their bed. They came in to wake me from my deep slumber and asked if I wanted to join them for dinner. I said no and left.

The holidays have come and gone - all our decorations have already been put away in the attic. Our house feels big and empty.


We cooked so much food for Christmas. I took the whole week off to prepare for our premier Christmas dinner in our new home and unfortunately it did not end up as planned. The food all turned out amazing from my Gouda and ham bread, muenster and ham bread, fresh green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, wild rice & mushroom stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce, 2 roasted pork loins, pecan pie, cranberry pie (with homemade whiskey whip cream) and a dozen million cookies - I couldn't decide what was my favorite. I tend to have this fear there is not going to be enough food. What was so unfortunate was that everyone (including myself) was sick. We couldn't really taste the food - and no one had quite the appetite I was preparing to feed.

New Years Eve was a success. For the first time, (I think ever and I don't know why) I got to spend it with my two best friends. I'm pretty sure this was our first NYE - if I've forgotten it must've been a good time. We cooked a delicious pasta dinner together alongside some Greek panzenella and roasted pepper, feta and basil muffins. Not your traditional NYE meal but who cares. I had on my yellow underwear, 12 grapes shoved in my mouth, and a twenty dolla bill in hand at the stroke of midnight so that is all that counts. This will be a good year. (NYE traditions in Venezuela)

Comments

Popular Posts