To be engaged

One of my co-workers gave me an article on helping your pets cope with the loss of a companion.

To be honest, parts of it made me laugh. The majority of it though is very thoughtful.

"Give attention at a time when your dog is engaging in behaviors you do like, such as when she is resting quietly or watching the birds. As the pain of the loss begins to subside, so should the vocalizing as long as it is related to the grieving process. Your pet may miss her companion as much as you do."

The article goes on to discuss the importance of keeping each other engaged in order to overcome your grief. It's easy to sit around and mope and be sad and eat cookies. There's no relief in that. We've had our fair share of crying and will probably have a few more.

Windy and I have gotten back to our afternoon jogs in the park. Thankfully the weather has been perfect this week. An absolute beautiful first week of Spring.

It's supposed to rain this weekend so our weekend plans of yardwork have been cancelled. I'm not complaining because my dad is in town visiting.

Date night tonight at Holeman & Finch.



Comments

Popular Posts