Marching right through April to May

Time just keeps on flying.

We got a funny start to April. I say funny but you'll probably tell me it wasn't funny. But at this point, all we can do is laugh it off.

On April Fool's day, I got a call from my dear husband Bobby. He calmly asked me if I was busy. I paused for a moment and thought. Is he about to ask me to do something because I'm kinda in the middle of reading some blogs. Or wait...is this a prank? So, as I opened another tab to pull up probably another blog - I said, nah, I'm not that busy. It was April Fool's day mind you. He was making a run to the store as were expecting guests the next day and realized we didn't have any snacks to offer. I had already finished dinner.

Well, he starts, I've been in an accident.

Oh boy - then I remember he took his scooter. And quickly realize this isn't an April Fool's day joke.

He assured me he was ok and that there were no serious injuries. He was so calm on the phone I never panicked. I went to go meet him and I brought wet wipes. His jeans were torn up and his hand was bleeding but he was ok.

Someone (who was born in 1992) did an illegal U-Turn and did not see him right behind her. I can't help but think this was going on in the car moments before Bobby hit them.



I can be mean - I'm the wife in this situation.

The next day, he was still having trouble moving and couldn't move his hand. We listened to his father and took him to an urgent care center - turns out he broke his thumb and now he's got a cast on that he gets to sport around for 6 weeks. We're on week 2. Otherwise, he is ok and he still has his head on and he's still making me laugh. I'm really tempted to sign his cast.

chompin on some carrots

H.A.G.S.

Comments

Popular Posts