Our hangover

Did I take pictures on the 4th of July? Barely. In fact, the only pictures I took were of the blueberry cheesecake I made, our attempt to shoot fireworks and friends falling asleep. Ya’ll can tell where my priorities are these days. (One day I plan on writing about the power of “ya’ll” – it is not something I naturally say.)

Patriotic pie

The 4th of July was a blast. Our dearest friends from Chapel Hill and Birmingham came to stay with us and sweat it out. We shot off some incredibly weak firecrackers, listened to music, ate too many hot dogs and talked the night away. July has been good to us so far as we’ve gotten to spend a lot of time with friends who live out of town and friends who have just moved back home.


The following weekend after the fourth, I headed to Miami with my best ladies for a bachelorette weekend. We indulged in some delicious eats, laid in the sun and danced the nights away. It was quite an experience.

tops optional

The two big clubs we got into were Liv at the Fountainbleu – which from what I hear is tough to get into – but we were looking good. {brushes shoulder off} And the second was Mansion. This was on our final night so of course it had a dramatic twist. Or maybe it was just me. Now, you may not be able to tell this but I am not a clubber (or is it club hopper?). My only club experiences are from when we lived in England and even then, I stayed attached to the arms of our German roommates who were very experienced in this area. All I have to say is - I could never be a club hopper.

I really liked this guy's outfit

Our evening involved a crowded limo ride, strange encounters with foreigners, a stolen purse, 2 stolen iphones and a kidnapped friend. When one of us had gone missing, I was quick to assume the worst – she was being held hostage. In a closet with a bag over her head. They were calling her parents asking for a ransom.



Turned out she’d stepped out and when she went to call us – her phone was missing. And of course there was no re-entry...we found her tucked in bed at the hotel.

Lounging

Comments

  1. I thought you were going to say "she was tucked in bed on top of the hotel". This is all very impressive. They NEVER let me into the 'Bleu.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts