Teenie Beanie Weenie Paninis*

Trying to plan our 4th of July menu. It’s been busy around here - Bobby’s oldest brother made a surprise visit to Atlanta this week and we scrambled to get some type of cooling in our house.

Luckily, the generous people at Reliable lent us window units until they replace our entire system next week. Oh, the joys of being a homeowner. Right? Honestly, I’m not really feeling the joy – the idea of “it’s ours” is also not compensational. Makes me feel greedy. Like I need to do laps around our property screaming, “mine, mine, mine, mine!”

With the window units in place, we can relax knowing no one will be dying of heat exhaustion this weekend. And I can start cooking again. Cooking in the summer in a kitchen with no air conditioning or a fan is tortuous. I’ve been avoiding it completely and telling Bobby we can only eat salads. I’m planning on keeping it simple this weekend since normally I tend to cook way too much and lean towards heavy dishes. And it's going to be HOT.

So, the menu for this weekend is going to include: fresh salsa, strawberry goat cheese bruschetta, Haitian cole slaw, grilled corn on el cob, fresh berries + homemade frozen yogurt, a patriotic cheesecake and of course grilled hot dogs.

We also got squash from our CSA pick-up this week but I’m not sure how I want to use them. I’m contemplating just cooking them with lemon and parsley. One of my favorite combinations. Is it lunch time yet?

Have a safe and happy 4th of July weekend!


*A combination of the most annoying words and the best trivia team name, ever.

Comments

  1. Windy is exhausted just thinking about it all...
    Have a great holiday! God bless a/c!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts