On ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur.

It’s been a weird and busy month. Things that have not gone as planned. Things have not happened. And things have turned out perfectly. We have a big date (dates, really) up ahead and I feel like we’re nearing some finish line. You know when you’re anticipating a big event in your life and you get super excited? You think about it every day. Have crazy dreams about it every night. Imagine how the days will go. And think to yourself as much as you want the day to come – you don’t. Because then it will be over.

On top of all of our exciting life events - it’s that magical time of the year where the seasons are about to change. It feels like everything is up in the air right now. Slightly off track but still under control. In getting overly excited, I tend to want to rush. Rush to the moment. I keep having to remind myself to slow down.

These past few weeks have been beautiful as I’ve gotten to spend lots of time with my best friends. Good quality time. All in preparation for our dear friends' wedding. I’ve already had dreams of me ripping my bridesmaid dress (I tried to repair it with super glue), breaking my heel, wearing the dress over a tank top (a wife beater to be exact) and the classic – waking up and forgetting it is the day of the wedding. You know, I still - to this day - have dreams where I get a letter in the mail from HIGH SCHOOL saying that I need to give my diploma back because I forgot to take a final exam. And it’s always for French or Math – some subject I’ve completely blocked out of my mind. These dreams always make me laugh in the morning. And then I’ll pause for a moment and recount what classes I took. I took all my exams, right?

After the wedding, we’ll be headed to Germany to visit my brother in law and travel the country. I’m looking forward to being back in Europe and hoping for some inspiration. And motivation. I’m also planning on taking a film camera – saving it for the countryside. It will be nice to take a long break from work and our daily routine – kind of like a slap in the face to tell you that there’s more to life. And to get out of routine. 

So. Here it is. A reminder to myself. To slow down. Be patient. And relax. Enjoy the moment. Now. And to be positive – because we all could use some happier thoughts.

Comments

Popular Posts