spring like mornings


Happy Saturday Morning!

This early spring weather is lovely and all. But it is making me nervous just thinking of all the mosquitoes and nasty bugs that are brewing outside getting ready to pounce. I don’t know what’s in my blood but I’m the kind of person who gets 10 mosquito bites walking from my front door to the car. I have to carry repellent with me. In fact, I think I need to stock up now.


I don't care what that groundhog says - it feels like spring

We’ve been busy re-organizing/decorating our house which includes selling a lot of furniture on craigslist. Most items have been replaced except for our desk which has left our computer on an end table. Our house looks like we just moved in – a total mess with random boxes everywhere. Kind of exciting.

Today we’ll be working on refinishing a buffet we picked up at an antique store. I forgot to take a before picture but it was painted a boring brown color which we’re currently stripping and hoping to give it a bright, fresh look with some pretty new knobs. I say “we” but really it’s all been Bobby.

On top of which, he’s been busy working on Geographic North’s next series. I’ve been lucky enough to get some sneak previews and am impressed with what the fellows have put together. The amount of detail they put into each release is inspiring. They will be releasing Landing’s new album this April. Aaron Snow (from Landing) put together a mix which I’ve pretty much had on repeat since. Go check it out:



Geographic North Mix 1 - Landing by GeoNorth
1. Forma - Forma 237A
2. Cluster - Hollywood
3. Ulrich Schnauss - Never Be the Same
4. Flying Saucer Attack - Outdoor Miner
5. The Smiths - Headmaster Ritual
6. Fuxa - 100 White Envelopes
7. Slowdive - Good Day Sunshine
8. Belong - Never Came Close
9. Seefeel - Polyfusion
10. Stereolab - Cadriopo
11. The Cure - Last Dance (Studio Rough) 
12. Washed Out - Soft
13. Harmonia - Gollum
14. Dead Can Dance - Ocean
15. Cocteau Twins - Oomingmak
16. Light - Passing
17. Lush - For Love
18. Bright - Point
19. White Rainbow - Tangerinecrunk
20. Budd, Harold and Eno - Their Memories
21. Experimental Audio Research - Untitled

Comments

Popular Posts