homemade laundry detergent

About to make some laundry detergent

This weekend I made my first batch of laundry detergent. I followed a recipe I found on pinterest – god bless, pinterest – and I am super happy with the results. The recipe calls for a 5 gallon container so I purchased a 27 quart container which is about 6.75 gallons. There was a lot of room for stirring and space between you and the detergent which helps because there can be a lot of inhaling (and sneezing). I had to do a bit of driving around to get all the ingredients mainly because I went to Target first when I should have just gone to my neighborhood Ace hardware shop. They had everything!

We did our first batch of laundry immediately afterwards and the clothes came out smelling fresh – but not overwhelming and soft. Total cost for all the ingredients was maybe $20.

Comments

Popular Posts