planning to plan

Or preparing to plan.

We've been gathering lists from friends and families on items for registries. But. I have to admit - I am too distracted by all the adorable onesies out there. Also, picking a nursery theme. I like that we'll be emptying the guest bedroom of pretty much all it's current contents and starting with a blank slate.

Here is the before:

DSC_0184

That's Windy standing there covered in sheets. I would never do that to a child. So far, we've sold the treadmill - resorted to running outdoors on our two feet, sold the farm table - Bobby will one day build our own when we have the space for it, given away a bookshelf and downsized quite a bit of the music/book collection. The bed will go to my Dad's house, the cornhole set underneath will go to the crawlspace and as for my craft stuff...the baby will have to share.

I want to keep the shelf to the right and have Bobby re-finish and paint white (surprise) with added dividers. We can use baskets for storage and keep my craft supplies there. The crib will probably go on the same wall as the bed and the rocking chair maybe in the corner.  To the left are 2 very shallow closets that will also need to be purged. Realizing how much stuff we've held on to and haven't looked at since college days.

Our end goal for a nursery is something neutral (since we're not going to find out the baby's gender and extremely simple. I want it to feel calming and happy.

Something along these lines:


Comments

Popular Posts