21 weeks

First, baby kicks are amazing. 

I wish I could see what was going on in there - it feels like a private dance party in my belly. Such a strange, amazing feeling. 

I'm still feeling pretty good - no cravings or anything weird. I do sleep a lot - which helps my mood and mind stay clear. I bought a maternity pillow and it has definitely helped me feel more comfortable. All the pregnancy books instill this fear of sleeping on your back so I was happy to find a pillow that completely wraps me. Bobby loves it, too - I'm positive he does. It feels like a third person is in bed with us. But we may be upgrading to a King size bed so that should help.

I love watching my body change. It makes me laugh when I put on a tank from before I was pregnant and it now looks like a baby doll top. I know this is only going to get worse better. You can now really see the linea nigra on my belly which I don't really mind - no stretch marks so far. My skin is starting to clear up - at least clearer than it was in the first trimester. Luckily, my skin hasn't been super sensitive to the sun. People keep asking me about my tan and it's because I've been going on lots of 3-4 mile walks. If I don't do yoga, I go for a walk (I do wear lots of sunblock). I'm happy to say that I'm still going to Bikini Boot Camp. I figure, as long as I still feel good I can do it. I haven't gone jogging just because the extra weight on my abdomen doesn't feel too pleasant and I have a fear of tripping. But we've already got a jogger!

It is getting harder to get dressed in the mornings - mainly because it has been so incredibly hot and humid. All I want to wear is a giant tank or muumuu. My hair has also gotten much bigger. Straightening has become pointless. 

This weekend we started our birthing class, Intuitive Birth. We're in a class with 3 other couples so it is a very nice, close atmosphere. In the first class we talked about proper nutrition - they recommend a modified version of the Brewer Diet (which is the diet I'm on - except gluten free). We also talked about exercises and even how the way you sit changes the babies position which has got me thinking that I should bring my yoga ball to work. 

21 weeks
21 weeks
maternity top from Old Navy, skirt from JCrew

Comments

Popular Posts