yeah! oh yeah!

What am I doing: Planning! I'm in a constant state of planning. organizing. purging. sorting. We've been sorting through all our stuff that we've been hoarding around for years and purging everything that hasn't been touched. This means lots of runs to the goodwill along with listing items on craigslist and ebay. But I love it. I love the feeling of the house feeling more open and less cluttered. Taking the time to relax. Just spending some good quality time with Bobby. Spending the evenings at home cooking dinner, watching movies, talking about raising a family, remembering funny stories and just relaxing. My walks with Windy are also some of my favorite times. That time I get to myself to walk around our neighborhoods and daydream. I try not to think of what it is I have to do when I get back home. These walks take me back to when I was a kid and would take our family dog on walks that would last hours. 
Walks with windy
Anticipating: All the changes up ahead. I'm approaching it all with a big open heart and a giant smile on my face. I'm excited to see how this year will end and where the new year will take us. Lots of planning and preparation taking place. I'm realistic and realize that there will also be lots of tears and frustration but I still believe that change is good and makes you grow. Vague, I know but more details later. Luckily, we have a beach trip coming up with family that I'm very much looking forward to!  
pretty skies this morning - you can feel the tiniest hint of fall.
Reading: Active Birth - I've put together a little yoga routine that I go through every morning inspired by the exercises in this book. This book has lots of great information for women that are hoping to have a natural birth. It provides exercises you can do all through your pregnancy along with massages and information on how to prepare for your labor. We took a pregnancy massage class for couples at The Pregnancy Massage Center which I also highly recommend - even if you're not planning a natural birth. It's good for couples and shows partners how they can help relieve any discomforts and massages that can be done during labor. Active Birth was our recommended reading for our birth class - along with The Birthing Partner which Bobby is reading. I'm also planning on putting together a little reading list for our upcoming trip. Hoping to read some non-baby books, too. 
Four black cats
Listening to: Recently, I've been on a kick for The Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs to be exact. I could (and have been) listen to these on repeat all day. Other than that, not much. I'll get on kicks to listen to every song by a band on the weekends. I really want to put together a set list to listen to during labor but I don't know where to start. Do I want fast songs in the beginning to get me excited or towards the end to give me a boost? Or maybe I'll need mellow songs to keep me from getting overly excited. Maybe I won't want to listen to anything at all. 
03dfa619-5589-4a74-bdfb-2941b1aa399a
Eating: Lots of quinoa and leafy greens! We've been using it a lot more recently. It's good for midweek meals when you have the odds and ends of meals with random vegetables left around. And tacos -which are also great for all those random vegetables. Eggplant, peppers, tomatoes, garlic - done. Still no weird cravings. Although, I'm sure to someone a strawberry, milk, almond butter and spinach smoothie might be weird. You can't even taste the spinach! 
26 weeks with my mom and sister
26 weeks


Comments

Popular Posts