And onto September

We're back from our last summer get away and I think I'm over the mourning already. It hit us both Sunday night and then after a rough day at work. I was about to have a pity party when my dear friend called and pulled me out of it.

We loved the Outerbanks and the house we stayed at was so incredibly relaxing. It was hard to leave. The beach was fun.The last few days the tides were crazy and there were "No Swimming" flags everywhere. Also, those pesky sand flies were relentless. We made the most of it and visited a historic farm and checked out local restaurants. My favorite was actually the taco bar we went to the last night. Their salsas were surprisingly tasty and spicy. There were lots of family meals - all incredibly delicious. I ate more arepas than I probably should have but so what. I'd do it all again. And probably have one more.

So, now we're back home - back for this last exciting stretch. Realizing that we have 10 more weeks. Or technically 7 - 12 more weeks. So many emotions. So many thoughts. But making it a point to stop, take a breath and be in the moment. To go for walks and enjoy the sun. Feel the wind. Watch Windy roll in the grass. Making it point to not get lost in the anxiety and feel rushed. To take it easy. See our family. See our friends. To completely open ourselves.

So it goes.

The house
Untitled
The pups
BFFs
The beach
Untitled
Old barn
Untitled
The bump - 29 weeks
Untitled
Feeding chickens
cd175c5d-fc5d-467b-b45f-9a448ef4eb95
Passed out Windy - we gave her Dramamine because she gets car sick
c2047992-dfa3-4076-a215-ef40cda5092c
Sunday walk thru Oakland Cemetery
2f3618aa-58d0-4901-9f01-c9651415b698
741c122e-d752-41eb-9d58-c31a717da1fb

Comments

Popular Posts