Oatmeal

This past weekend Bobby brewed a spiced porter for our upcoming Baby shower and it filled the house with the smell of Fall. All weekend I was craving banana nut bread, oatmeal, cookies, cinnamon, apples...So of course, when I woke up on Sunday I had to have a bowl of oatmeal. In order to feed all my cravings, I came up with the following recipe that I'm pretty proud of - plus it is packed full of omega 3s, vitamins, minerals, fiber and magic.

Banana Spiced Oatmeal
1 cup of steel cut oats
3-4 cups of water (depending on how creamy you like your oatmeal)
1 tablespoon of walnut oil
2 teaspoons of chia seeds
1 teaspoon of flax seeds
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of all spice
Handful of chopped dates
1 sliced banana

Bring the water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt. Stir in the oats and let boil until the mixture begins to thicken. About 5 minutes.

Reduce heat to a simmer, add walnut oil, chia seeds, flax seed, maple syrup, cinnamon, all spice and chopped dates. Simmer until mixture reaches desired consistency - add more water or milk, if needed. Remove from heat and stir in sliced banana. 

Enjoy!
Woke up craving oatmeal and banana bread so I combined them

Comments

Popular Posts