Saying Goodbye to Summer

Happy Labor Day!

It's been an amazing Summer and has flown by so fast. I'm thankful that this past summer has been a relatively mild one for us in the South. I hope everyone is getting outside and enjoying the heat one last time before it starts to fade. Enjoy those last summer fruits and dips in the pool.

I always get excited about the seasons changing and this time of the year is by far my favorite. I love the colder weather and decorating for the holidays. This year will be even more exciting for us. Growing up, Labor day meant it was time to start pulling out the fall/winter clothes and give the house a good summer clean (like spring cleaning).

I remember asking my Mom, "I thought we were supposed to rest on Labor day?" even though secretly I loved folding away my shorts, pulling out my sweaters and waiting for any hand me downs from my sister.
last day beach day
Did you know that Oregon was the first state to make Labor Day a holiday?

Comments

Popular Posts