Dressings

An important part of my diet during my pregnancy has been dark, leafy greens. Important for the obvious reasons - they're packed full of vitamins and minerals. They help the baby get the nutrients they need to grow, help with milk production and can even help prevent hemorrhage.  So, all this to say that I've been eating lots of mixed green salads, spinach, kale, collards and so on. I eat a salad atleast once a day - sometimes twice and almost every meal has a side of fresh greens. Normally, well before I was pregnant and ate salad like whoa, I enjoy my salads with just oil and vinegar (usually apple cider vinegar). But of course that got kinda old. So, we (code for Bobby) started experimenting.

Here are a few of our favorites:

Basic Vinagrette
I made a double batch of this yesterday with half the red wine vinegar, an extra garlic clove (or two) and juice of two lemons. Lip smacking good.


Green Goddess Dressing
Earlier this summer, I had a salad at Bocado with an amazing green goddess dressing. I've been searching for something close since then. This did not hit the spot but it was still a good, hearty dressing. I bet this would be good on a piece of toast.


Fresh Ginger Dressing
I have to admit - I'm slightly obsessed with this one. It's not too sweet and the ginger isn't overpowering. Bobby even puts extra ginger and it still isn't too gingery. Just delicious.


More info on the benefits of leafy greens for pregnant moms:

Dark Green Leafy Vegetables for Pregnant Moms 
Preventing Postpartum Hemorrhage Naturally

Comments

Popular Posts