home birth

Our home visit on Friday went smoothly. I was overly excited. Our midwife brought the pool and checked to make sure we had all our supplies. I felt like Bobby and I were grinning the whole time. So, in a couple weeks we'll start seeing her weekly until the big day. I'm so happy.

I know that labor is one of those things you can't control and you can't really "plan" out. You can choose to approach it however you feel is best for you and whatever makes you more comfortable. We're planning a home birth. This is what we've wanted since before we even found out we were expecting. 

I recently read an article by Mayim Bialik - I really like how she puts it - 

"Let me birth in the place this baby was created. Let me labor on the floors I paced in anticipation, let me labor in the rooms of the house where I mused on sleepless nights what this moment would be like. Let me birth with the smells of the kitchen...Let me birth with music playing, with my grandfather's prayer books looking down on me, with my hair flowing, my inhibitions gone, the doors of my home flung wide open as if to say: I am open to this process, World. I was made to birth this baby!"


34 Weeks
Midwife home visit #34weeks
"I just farted."



Comments

Popular Posts