Part One: In the days before

It's funny. I honestly thought my next few posts would be about our lovely shower, about my first week home from work, about how many episodes of 30 Rock I had re-watched. But. Someone else had plans of their own.

October 26
My sister flew into town on Friday and our shower was that Saturday. I felt fine - besides the swelling I'd mentioned earlier. I was still hanging in there realizing that the next month could be spent swollen. I had also been feeling extra tired that week. Napping everyday. I did manage to make it to yoga on Wednesday and get one last handstand in. That night we went to Bell Street Burrito - tacos and burritos were definitely the theme of this pregnancy. In fact, I made turkey tacos the week I found out I was pregnant and we were having tacos at the shower. 

October 27
So Saturday morning I put on my ridiculously glittery dress and we headed to Dera's home for the shower. It was very special. The weather was absolutely perfect. Everything was beautifully decorated and so many of our friends showed up.

The day was spent catching up, laughing, eating delicious tacos - I cried while opening presents trying to say a thank you to everyone. I was so touched by everyone that showed up to share their love and excitement with this unborn child. I wanted to let everyone know that their love and support meant so much to us. There was a lot I wanted to say that I had practiced saying in my head but all that came out was my mumbling and tears and laughter.

By dinner time, I was more than ready to get home and put my feet up. After dinner, Bobby rubbed my feet and we went to bed early. I woke up in the night with what felt like a stomach ache. I took it as just that and didn't think anything of it. It eventually passed and I went back to bed. Still didn't feel anything that I had spent so many months reading about. I had been getting braxton hicks every once in a while - mainly at night. 

October 28
I woke up at about 7 am the next day and put on my favorite winter shirt (which barely fit). My sister's flight to NYC that morning was delayed due to Hurricane Sandy. To pass time, we went to get breakfast at octane. We still had time after breakfast so bobby dropped us off at target while he went to Lowes. He had been looking for a piece for the faucet adaptor for the hose that would fill the tub to have a water birth. At target, I looked for some comfortable boots - I wanted something non-restrictive that would keep my feet warm. I picked out a pair of knit boots - the ones that almost look like socks - something I would never normally wear - and also grabbed some underwear, leggings and a shirt on clearance. We still had time so we walked around the store. From target we took my sister to the airport, her flight was the last one - each one afterwards had been cancelled. I cried saying bye to her realizing the next time she saw me I would be a mother. I would still be me but different. 

Bobby still needed one more piece for the faucet so we went to Ace Hardware. He said he wanted to show off my belly so I happily joined him. I walked around the tiny store while he looked for what he needed. I contemplated buying spray paint thinking maybe I could get a project done that week since it was my first week at home. I also thought about buying a pumpkin - we didn't put up any decorations this year for fear the baby would come and we would never get around to taking them down. So glad we did that. He found the pieces he needed and we went back home. I took a shower and declared all I wanted to do was rest on the couch together and watch movies. And that I was hungry. We watched the reanimator (horrible) and then the original fright night. I was so hungry that day I was even craving popcorn which bobby went and got for me at little's. the movie ended and we went decided to call it a night. It was 9 pm. We went to bed like normal. Nothing felt out of the ordinary. I fell asleep while Bobby rubbed my back (have I mentioned I love him?)...

This is where it might start to get a little bit "gross" but I'm going to include these details. In a separate post.


36 weeks, 1 day
Off to our baby shower #36weeks
Flowers from our shower that smell amazing. Thank you! @derafrances 

Comments

Popular Posts