Whole30: week 2

So far, so good.

There was a point last week where I honestly felt like I was PMSing - I may have been going through withdrawal for my dairy. I'm feeling much better this week. I haven't tried any milk alternatives besides coconut milk - I'm interested in trying to make my own cashew milk. I'm not the biggest fan of almond or rice milk and I'm allergic to soy milk.

What are we eating:

Lots of veggies, lots of greens and lots of fruit.

I tried a recipe/suggestion last week from a friend for meat free tacos. Basically, just take any taco recipe and sub out the meat with almond flour.


It was delicious but gave me some serious gas. Just an FYI!

Benicio picked up a cold from another baby and gave it to Bobby this weekend. Benicio is starting to get over it - besides a runny nose and cough you wouldn't know he even had one. Hoping some Buried Treasure will do the trick for Bobby! I swear by that stuff but you have to do it 3xday until the bottle finishes or it won't work.

Back to food...

Luckily, our CSA with Serenbe has been amazing! Still not quite on par with the Jewish Food Alliance but still awesome. We've been getting lots of squash, cucumber, eggplant, beets, carrots, greens and the tomatoes are just starting. Our meals have consisted of baked protein + veggies served alongside fresh greens (spinach/kale). Lots of deliciousness. 

But I'm still having food dreams of eating sandwiches. It's funny. It's not like I even eat that much bread - I guess it's just the fact that I'm not allowing myself. 


Beni keeping us in line

Comments

Popular Posts