A letter to Benicio from Mamamia

Get ready to cry happy tears!


Dear Benicio,

It's incredible that a year has passed since you first graced us with your smile (especially me - it was the greatest feeling I have ever had in my life). I still remember that day as though it was yesterday.

I tried to sleep, all night but I was too excited. I did not why. I prayed for your Mami and you because I knew she was working and getting close to bringing you into the world, and I prayed for You, Papa (Bobby) and Mami (Robyn) all night long because I felt you were ready to bring to us all that love-smile-care-hope-dreams in our life. And then, God answered my prayers with the best possible gift in the world. The best phone call of my life when your Mami called me and said "I have someone I want you to meet 

BENICIO ANTONIO POWER!"

You are the most perfect little boy! And I could not have imagined how much I loved you from the very first second I laid eyes on you. You were so handsome with those beautiful eyes and smile to me! And when they let me hold you, well, it was the most wonderful feeling! Love just poured out of me. And it hasn't stopped just growing more and more every time you smile-hug-look at me. 

BENICIO, I cannot tell you how much joy and love YOU have brought into my life.

Since that day a year ago. The days that we spent together while Mami started working to become YOGA Trainer. I can't think of anything I would rather do than rock and sing-dance to you.

You have grown so much in the last year...and I feel so blessed to have witnessed it. From my arms...to the little chair...to the high chair...from walking with your perfect little toes on MamaMia big feet...I can not wait to see you running to me. From being nursed your Mami's milk...to eating Arepas with me. What a little man you have grown into!

As your MamaMia, I only have one job to do...and that is to love you unconditionally all the days of our lives. There is nothing I would rather do. I will always be here for you.

I am looking forward to the next year, as you learn to talk (in Spanish) and sing-dance, get on a tricycle, eat MamaMia's food, salsa. Play on the beach, walk together and discover new things. I look forward to sitting in the rocking chair and reading to you, taking you to Bocono or any place we all can go together, taking you for a ride and playing all day long.

BENICIO, I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS!

From your Mamamia


Comments

Popular Posts