Hello from Colorado!

Hi Blog!

I've missed you. I've been seeing Instagram and Facebook. And honestly, life has been kinda crazy so I haven't had a chance to sit down and type. And pick out pictures. And mess with formatting. But here we are, after two months living in Colorado Springs, in our new Denver home. It's been an amazing, heartbreaking, awesome last several months.

So this may be long and drawn out...here are some notes

First, the views here are breathtaking. I hope I never get tired of seeing those mountains. I love the beach but there is something so magical about the mountains. Especially next to open land - I feel so inspired like my mind is open. I don't feel oppressed by towering buildings - I feel opportunity. It's strange and awesome.

this is the view from Chris's house of Pikes Peak


Garden of the Gods


Colorado gets an average of 300 days of sunshine which means Benicio and I spend most of our time outside. We've got awesome tan lines to prove it and I'm sure neither of us is low on Vitamin D.


I've definitely gotten back into my active life since moving here. It took me about a month to adjust to the altitude while jogging but I have to keep at it.


I love finding new parks and jogging trails for us to explore. This one was near Garden of the Gods. Another adjustment is realizing I need to also keep an eye out for mountain lions, bears, rattlesnakes and coyotes in most parks.


I spent two months driving to Denver to look at houses with our realtor (and Benicio). It was tough. Getting a toddler in and out of a carseat is hard enough and having to do that 5+ times was hard but he did it. I was starting to lose hope looking for a house. Even at one point went under contract on house that was ugly but I kept telling myself it had potential. Luckily, the inspection came back with a ton of red flags. Just as we were debating cancelling the contract we saw another house hit the market that looked amazing. The market here is crazy - thanks in part to the legalization of marijuana believe or not. And the fact that Denver is one of those cities where people don't want to leave it - ever. So, we went to go see this house that was outside our budget, in a nice neighborhood, by great parks and only a 20 minute commute for Bobby. Of course, we fell in love immediately and had to have it. Thanks to our realtor our bid won over 2 other bids.


We moved in a week after buying the house and quickly started planning out the rooms. I made Bobby go paint it.


Monday was cinco de mayo and we got take out from a Mexican place down the street and listened to the beach boys. Our tradition.

On Tuesday, we received the shocking news that Bobby's Dad had passed away. It was a very sudden and heartbreaking blow. It's a sadness you carry with you and still doesn't seem real to us.


May was tough. When we came back from Atlanta, life was a bit confusing. We busied ourselves with the house and gradually started to build back a sense of calmness. We celebrated Bobby's birthday exploring our new surroundings.


I jog/walk by this almost everyday - Platte River. So much beauty around us.


In the midst of all this too Benicio had started nursing a lot - like every hour. I made the decision to start weaning him and in June Bobby took over night duty. I definitely cried the last few times I put him to bed but knew it was for the best. Weaning has been a process but for the first time Benicio has started sleeping through the night (some nights) or only waking once which is amazing. Now he only nurses once a day (most days). I'm sure if I let him he would still be nursing all day long.


He also graduated to a twin bed and loves it.

He's grown so much since we've been here. More teeth. More hair. Words! Eating new foods.

This is from a beach day. Y'all, mountain water is COLD.






And this is where I get lazy and tired of typing and just insert a bunch of pictures hoping the images will bring back the memories or I'll just make up stories to go along with them one day.







Comments

Popular Posts