Our Winter Shopping List

So far our first Colorado summer has been super nice. The mornings and nights are nice and cool - staying around the 50s/60s. The days are mostly in the 80s. July is the hottest month. We've had 2 weeks of 90+ temperatures but they are cooled down with afternoon showers. Next week it is supposed to go back into the 80s and then the 70s. I('m trying to keep my excitement for Fall down.) I realized it is going to be winter here sooner than what I am used to so I asked my mom friends what were their winter necessities.

From what I've heard, the winters are pretty mild and there MAY be a day or 2 of heavy snow but for the most it sounds like it snows in the morning and then the snow comes out in the afternoon and its warm enough to wear shorts. And since I'm pregnant I don't think we'll be skiing or venturing out to the mountains this year.

Here's what I have on my list so far:

- Gloves/mittens
- Beanies, extra hats
- Fleece coats, fleece layers (most recommended)
- Snowsuit for Benicio
- Snow boot for Benicio
- Wool socks (I literally have one pair that actually belong to my friend.)
- Mustela cold cream moisture stick and lip balm
- Long underwear

Other points of advice:

- Shop clearance at REI 
- Goodwill/thrift stores
- Keep winter gear in your car (extra layers, blankets, waterproof gloves)
- If we do go to the mountains, everyone recommends chains for the tires
- Keep an ear out for Sniagrab (some big seasonal sell sports authority hosts - bargains spelled backwards)
- Keep sand bags and/or kitty litter in the car.  They're really good about keeping the roads clear but always a good idea to be prepared.
- Get a snow shovel

I can't wait to get all bundled up!

























Photo taken in March in Colorado Springs

Comments

Popular Posts