20 Weeks

If this pregnancy is anything like Benicio's, then I am already over half way there! But more on that in a moment.

This weekend I hit the 20 week mark. I definitely feel my belly showing more this time around but at least the scale isn't showing that - I actually weigh less now than I did before. Probably why the hunger has set in! I wake up hungry sometimes. As I type this I'm thinking of what to snack on next. I started drinking my nora tea (nettles, oat straw, red raspberry leaf and alfalfa). I've been feeling movement since very early - like 8 weeks. Obviously, it wasn't anything consistent and probably more so my organs moving around getting adjusted. You can now just barely feel movement on the outside - I feel it much lower than I did which makes me think I'll carry low. 

I had really bad sciatica pain but it's gone away with walking and yoga. I won't be surprised if it comes back later. Happy growing pains. I don't feel as tired anymore but when you're hanging out all day with an active (almost) 2 year old you get tired even if you aren't pregnant, haha. Benicio has been such a joy. He asks to kiss and hug my belly all the time. Like when we're talking to the neighbors, haha. 

I went for my 20 week ultrasound and everything is looking good - baby is measuring on track. I had questions about the conception/due date but the body is a funny thing. It's not like you have sex and bam you're pregnant. Sometimes you ovulate several days later and then you get pregnant. So we are sticking with a January 31 due date - I know due dates don't really mean anything but I like to know for peace of mind.

Since Benicio was born at 36 weeks, 3 days which is technically "preterm" the ob wants me to start using progesterone. They said - and I've read this before too but didn't think it applied to me - with subsequent pregnancies there's a risk of going into labor even earlier so as a precaution they suggest the medicine. I talked to my midwife and she said she didn't really think there was a risk since he weighed 7 lbs, nursed fine and didn't have any complications BUT if I wanted to there was no harm. So, I am. The goal is a home birth so I want to make sure I make it to term. 

Like Benicio, this has been a very pleasant pregnancy. Yes, I can be moody and sensitive and maybe I cry easily. But at least I have my health. I'm in a much happier environment - getting plenty of exercise and fresh air. 

My gender prediction is a girl. I don't know why. I'll be extremely happy either way but I'm gonna say girl. Keeping names secret for now. 



Comments

Popular Posts