Preparing for Baby

[Belated post]



Tomorrow is the first day of October which to me marks the start of the holiday season. And it's my Mom's birthday. I know that these last few months of the year can be a chaotic blur with birthdays, halloween and the holidays SO I want to make sure we take the extra steps to get ready for this baby.



One of the most helpful things we did when I was pregnant with Benicio was to stock up on our everyday necessities. Every time we saw toothpaste, toilet paper, dish soap etc on sale we would buy several. It was also helpful because we would be going to one income and your mind gets very muddled those first few months. It's incredibly helpful and just gives you one less thing to have to do. 



The other part of preparing for baby - for me - is preparing for the birth. With Benicio I made a playlist of songs, I printed photos for visuals and I gave Bobby my instructions for him. Of course when the time came, all that went out the window. I didn't want any music. I didn't want anyone to talk to me. I kept my eyes closed mostly to listen to my body. Bobby kept the coconut water coming and telling me I was doing a great job so that was good. 



I'm hoping that since I have an idea of what is in store for me, I'll feel more prepared. I'll feel more open to listening to music. To having my visuals. My one request is to not let me lay down in the bed. But we'll see. Whatever gives me peace of mind along the way. I'll share more along the way.

Comments

Popular Posts