Scattered thoughts

I just found this draft from when Benicio was only a few weeks old

Sleep
You quickly go from needing so much sleep to being able to function on very little sleep. We're still waking up about every 2-3 hours but I've gotten used to it. Every once in a while he isn't able to get back to sleep - usually it is the 4/5 am feed which can be brutal. I have an awesome husband who helps and I get to sleep the day away.

Chores
Laundry will pile up, dishes will pile up, dust will pile up - but it all can wait. As difficult as it is - it can. Because Benicio is only going to be this small once and I want to hold him as much as I can. At first I felt guilty for not doing chores - and still do. I do what I can but most importantly I make sure that both of us are clean, fed and the bed is made on a daily basis. A made bed makes me feel awesome.



Comments

Popular Posts