Benicio's Birthday Celebrations and more

Browsing through the photos on my phone is like a reminder for the little moments that I want to document on here. I do my best to jot down little notes then clear the photos and start over.

A few days before Beni's party we went to our friends to paint pumpkins. It was the perfect fall evening with a bright colorful sunset. I love seeing his interest in painting and colors growing.


My sister and her family arrived in town on Friday and we were so excited to get the boys together.  It was fun having them here and hearing the boys run around together. 


The party was a success and I'm glad we decided to have it later in the day. We took it easy that day - spending the morning at the park and then taking a nice nap. My mom fixed some delicious tamales and rice that we served with a salad, crostini with ricotta, blueberries and honey, hummus, homemade salsa, cookies, donuts and of course home brew. 



It was so fun having the house full of kids and friends. There were moments were it was loud and crazy and I didn't even know where Benicio was but I know they all had fun. His 'birthday cake' consisted of two giant donuts from voodoo (the tex ass challenge). They were super yummy and fun. 



The next day we went to the park a kids trick or treating party. It was like a intro for Beni to the concept - going up to strangers with a bag expecting them to put something in it is weird. 


All the kiddos together 


All in all, an awesome beautiful weekend celebrating our little boy with family and our new friends. Feeling very thankful and happy to be here.

Comments

Popular Posts