Halloween!

I love halloween! Ever since I was little. For me, it's the change of seasons and start of the holiday season. I always loved how my mom would decorate the house and go all out getting us excited for Halloween. It was always lots of fun. I made lots of felt garland in halloween colors for the house. None of our decorations made it out of Atlanta. I have to admit I was really heartbroken. Some of those decorations I had since I was a little girl. But they're just things. And if anything this gives us a chance to start fresh.


I know they're super cheesy but I don't care. I had originally gotten Benicio a dinosaur costume for his birthday that he was afraid of and then refused to wear. I think he wore it for maybe five minutes. But now he likes to wear the slippers that came with it.


So! I got him a pumpkin outfit. 


He wore it three times that week, haha! Bobby's office put together a little halloween party for families. Everyone got to being in their kids and take them trick or treating around the office. Beni was shy at first but liked all the shiny, colorful things he got to collect. 


It was hard to get a picture of him running down the halls!

Chris joined us for Halloween and my mom made some incredibly delicious empanadas. I think I ate ten. Benicio loved them, too.


Bobby and Chris got real silly with our random assortment of halloween costume items.


We took Benicio to some of our neighbors and he was hooked. He wanted to keep going but it got chilly so we turned back home and our friends joined us back at the house. Benicio and his sweet friend Grace took over trick or treating. Each time someone knocked on the door they would scream and run to the door with the basket. They would then give each person one piece of candy slowly and very carefully. It was hilarious. 


The next day we went up to Longmont for a Dia de Los Muertos festival. We had a good time but probably won't be making it up there again - it was super crowded and most everything had super long lines. We enjoyed sitting on the grass watching the dancers. 



The museum also had a piece of lunar rock that Bobby was super excited to see.



Comments

Popular Posts