Christmas 2014

Wow, I can't believe we've already made it through christmas. We had a great time but I have to admit there was one big lesson this week and that was to let go of expectations and make the best of it.


My mom got super sick at the beginning of the week - like we were worried she needed to go to the hospital sick. She started to feel a little bit better and then Bobby got sick. It was rough. It still is - they're still working through it and I feel bad that they had to spend their time off sick. It's been rough on me just not having as much help. But that's where I have to tell myself to let go and make the best of what I have. And hopefully their bodies will work through all the sickness now so that they're 100% for baby. That's my paranoid fear. Going into labor and everyone's sick. I'm buying everyone tinctures of echinacea goldenseal and osha root. And Lysol. I have to trust that everything will work out.



Back to christmas. This was the year. We kept telling Benicio that he would have presents in the morning but I don't think he really understands what the word "present" or "gift" means. He really enjoys playing with cars and painting. So we got him a few push cart toys from the thrift store and my mom got him new art supplies. 



The scream of joy he let out at the sight of them was worth everything. I'm so glad Bobby got a video of it. I've watched it so many times. He enjoyed unwrapping the presents and reading his new books. He got one about being a big brother which he asks us to read several times throughout the day. 



The morning was beautiful. Clear blue sunny skies. We made cinnamon rolls for breakfast, facetimed with family, listened to Christmas music and then set off to the playground. The weather had forecasted snow in the afternoon so we took advantage of the sun while we could. We came back and all took a nap. It was definitely muh more low key and relaxed in comparison to other Christmases but it was perfect.




Luckily, before my mom got sick, she had the foresight to precook hallacas. They were amazing and exactly how I remembered. A perfect warm meal for a snowy evening. 



My contribution to dinner was a tres leches cake - not the prettiest but damn tasty.


We all matched in red flannel


So now we get ready for New Years and hope everyone is feeling better. If not, we'll make the most of it. I'm so so so incredibly thankful that Benicio and I haven't gotten sick. Maybe we were the ones who brought the virus home but we're immune to it, haha. Gotta go get my yellow underwear!

Other fun moments:

Adventures in potty training 


Busted lip but stil a trooper 



Playground cleanup crew


34 weeks - looking over at Benicio 


Comments

Popular Posts