Last of the home birth supplies

When I was pregnant with Benicio I kept comparing the journey to our wedding. We were engaged for 9 months and the same emotions overlapped. Lots of excitement. Anxiety. Stress. Joyous bliss. 

Except this was adding a new human to our lives. 

This time around has been much different. Lots of excitement but a sense of calmness. And peace. Probably, because in a sense we already know what we are getting ourselves into. I mean you can only prepare yourself so much. 

This past weekend we planned to do a test run of the birthing pool. We already rearranged our bedroom to make space and wanted to do it early. I bought a pool at target at the very end of summer for $12. I didn't look at the dimensions or anything - all I saw was the price tag and thought DEAL! It's been sitting in the box at the bottom of closet until now. Y'all. This pool is huge. Like we could all fit in there and still have plenty of room. There was no way that was going to work and it would probably take forever to fill. 

So. We had to buy a new one. And of course since its December no one has one in store and selections online were slim. I found one on eBay and it should be here next week. That's what I got myself for Christmas. So now all our home birth supplies have been gathered. 

I also got a haircut - chopped off 6 inches! And it feels great. My hair was starting to get out of control. 

Now we can relax and enjoy Christmas, ring in the new year and then baby!




Comments

Popular Posts