In the Mood to Create

Women, does anybody else notice how their moods and energy change throughout their cycle?

Growing up, all anyone ever talked about was PMS. You never heard about anything else. Tracking my cycles I've been able to track my moods and thus take better care of myself. I know when to expect to feel tired, I know when to expect to feel irritable, and I know when to expect to feel more motivated.

I've noticed that right after my period ends, I have a couple down days that almost feel like a recovery/transition phase. As I near my "fertile window" as my handy cycle tracking app likes to call it - I feel crazy motivated. I clean, I craft, I workout, I write. And my mood is a ten. Granted, I realize this is because my body is wanting to procreate.

Side note, can it be ok and accepted for women to talk about their cycles and fertility without everyone jumping to the conclusion that they are trying to get pregnant? Let women reclaim their fertility and have the space to talk about it openly.

So, what am I working on this month?

Benicio's Valentine's mailbox - he's requested a batman theme. I'm planning to rep all the pieces and have him assemble and add the final touches.

Luna's Valentine's mailbox - she has requested a flying unicorn theme.

(I made the mistake (maybe?) of showing them ideas on Pinterest hence them coming up with these elaborate  ideas.)

Salt scrubs - as winter comes to an end I like to exfoliate and prepare my skin for the SUN

Getting my plan for New Moon Women's Circle ready

Preparing for our camping trip! Not really creating but preparing and planning is fun!

My take away from this: start tracking your cycles and you will find so much clarity.

At a super duper quick glance, here are some links I found on the interwebs that talk about how mood changes throughout your cycle.

Female Hormone Cycle

The Important of Listening to Our Menstrual Cycle

Mood Chart

Coming up - what's help get organized to accomplish these tasks and what remedies/exercises help me cope during my menstrual cycle and all those mood changes!

Comments

Popular Posts