A vision

I have a vision for how I want the nursery house to look. I can see it clearly in mind and I can't wait to bring it to life. My mind has been so scattered lately and it's hard to stay focused on one set project. Or create 10 unnecessary projects (i.e., let's repaint everything!). Feels kinda like when you're reading 3 books at once and they all start to blend in together. Just wish I had more hours in the day. Here are some things we're working on...

Dresser/changing table - Modern Millie Designs
We found this awesome blogger who is located north of Atlanta. She finds beautiful vintage pieces and completely refinishes them - gives them a whole new life! We've picked out a dresser and I am so excited! We had originally planned on having this be a DIY but we realized that it would be safer (time wise) to have someone else. Her prices are totally reasonable and her work is amazing.

inspiration

From Better After

From Beth Feigner

New bed
It's funny. At the beginning of the year, I found a beautiful vintage, iron canopy bedframe. We had plans to repaint and style the whole bedroom around it - it was going to be so dreamy. But plans have changed. My mom made the point that we'll probably want the extra room (currently have a queen) and to think about getting a new bed. Which is true and it would be nice. So we'll be changing our bed again. I'd like to get a new bedframe that is somewhat similar and inexpensive.


Lillesand bed

Leirvik bed

Piano for Sale
Yes, we're selling our piano. Neither of us play piano, it's out of tune and it's really big and heavy. We don't know where we'll be "settling" down in the future but we don't plan on moving it around. She's heavy. We inherited the piano from Bobby's Grandfather and it originally belonged to his Great Aunt (I believe). We really wanted to keep the piano but we need the space. Right now, this is just a giant piece of furniture taking up too much room. Anybody interested? 
photo 3 (1)

Paint the nursery
We painted our bedroom a pale gray color which we love so much and plan on painting the nursery the same. I don't want a lot of crazy colors and patterns and things jumping out at you that scream BABY. 
Pinned Image

There are lots of other things - things I like to refer to as the little things (make swaddles, diaper wipes, baskets, curtains). They are little because in the end it doesn't matter if we finish them. I realize that it doesn't matter if we don't finish anything. It's not like the baby is going to come into this world be disappointed in my window treatments. Plus, we do still have plenty of time.

What I'm doing to keep sane
Exercise. I can't say it enough. Yesterday, I felt especially scattered and sensed myself starting to get into a mood. One of those moods where I'm upset for no reason and feeling like I need to do everything. I stopped what I was doing and drove myself over to the gym. It's been way too hot for exercising outside and my yoga class had been cancelled. 15 minutes into my workout my mind was quieter.  

Writing. Our baby book is a journal - actually, it's the guest book from our wedding which is a journal. Since the book isn't even half full, I've been writing in it weekly and keeping the ultrasounds in there. This is where I go to write letters for the baby, jot down names, affirmations that I want to use for the labor and any new baby news.

Sleeping. Everyone tells you that sleep is so important during pregnancy and since I love sleeping, I'm not one to argue with them. I do wake up a couple times to use the restroom but otherwise I am sound asleep and usually having crazy dreams. In the 1st trimester I had lots of crazy baby/birth dreams. Recently, these have improved to calmer happier dreams. Besides the baby dreams, I'm having crazy dreams about befriending polar bears, being a private investigator and moving to London with my parents.  

Eating. Yes, of course. Like with little sleep, if go hungry I get irritable and start to feel yucky. My lunch bag is packed FULL of food each day I come into work with milk, a harboiled egg, piece of fruit, nora tea. I also make sure that I always have a larabar in purse and keep some in my car. 

Tomorrow, I'll be 23 weeks! I can't believe the third trimester is right around the corner (some say 26 weeks others say 28).
Hello 22 Weeks - this 2nd trimester is flying by!

Comments

Popular Posts