We have a crib!

This past weekend was quite the busy one for us. We made a huge dent in the nursery and I'm so happy to see it all coming together. Such a happy space. Also, Amazon prime is my new favorite thing.

We've got our stock of disposable diapers going - we're planning on using disposables until the cord falls off and also just to help get adjusted to the whole changing diapers thing, you know.
Untitled
The crib! After lots of research and reading other blog reviews of various cribs, we went with this one and are so far satisfied. Baby gets the final say, right? Made me realize though that I do need a crib skirt.
Untitled
I made some delicious almond flour pumpkin bread this weekend. Seriously. Go make yourself some. This was my first time ever making it and I've been converted. Makes me laugh that this is called a "bread" when really it's more of a cake in a bread loaf shape. It being my first time also explains why the bottom one looks like it was attacked. It was very sticky and I didn't let it set long enough - I'm not a baker so I don't know these things. But who's judging it by appearances anyways - it tastes good. I bet it goes well with coffee. 
Untitled
almond flour pumpkin bread
1/2 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup water
1-3/4 cups almond flour 
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups white sugar
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon all spice

Here's what I did
Preheat oven to 350. Grease one 8.5" inch loaf pan.
In a mixer, cream together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, water and sugar until well blended.
In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and all spice. Stir the dry ingredients into the pumpkin mixture until just blended. Pour into the prepared pan.
Bake for about 50 minutes in the preheated oven. Done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. (Mine needed an extra 10 minutes)

And just to recap - 32 weeks
32 weeks
At our friend's wedding - they had a unity bonfire.
Unity bonfire
Typical Windy
Table manners
33 weeks - this was Sunday at the Atlanta Streets Alive festival. I was a bit nervous about walking the 5 miles - not because of the distance but because I knew I would need several bathroom breaks. But who says no to a pregnant lady?
Post five mile walk #atlantastreetsalive #33weeks
I keep telling myself I'll take pictures with my real camera but that hasn't happened, yet. Once I'm done with work I will. Yes, the time has come! I've put in my notice and am so excited. Big changes.

Other exciting milestones/events to look forward to:

Little 5 Points Halloween Parade
My mom coming home from Peru
Last day of work
Our baby shower
Chomp and Stomp



Comments

Popular Posts