Baked Salmon

These days when it comes to cooking, I don't have much time to follow a recipe. I look at our fridge to see what we have and the Internet for inspiration. Usually, there's a flavor combination I'm obsessed with that I'll try on everything - lemon juice and parsley.

My current kick has been garlic, turmeric and chili powder. On everything. Since we started the whole30, we realized we rarely ate seafood and are going to try eating it once a week. 

This week: Salmon

I saw a picture on my Instagram feed of salmon drenched in EVOO with cherry tomatoes and garlic and immediately wanted to recreate it. 

I got three salmon fillets - which is actually a lot but doesn't seem like so much when you go grocery shopping hungry - and covered them in a layer of chopped garlic. Pour on the oil, sprinkle some salt and pepper. Then I added a layer of chopped tomatoes. We also have an abundance of chanterelles so I chopped some of those and added it to the mix. Pour some more oil. Then sprinkle on the seasonings. Baked at 350.

We ate it with some fresh basil on top alongside lightly sautéed kale with ginger and more garlic.


Comments

Popular Posts