High chair woes

When we did our registry is didn't do that much research when it came to high chairs so I just picked a straight forward fisher price. 

I loathe it! And I'm convinced Benicio feels the same. 

For started, it is a pain to clean. The description raved about a wipe clean cover and seamless straps but they failed to mention all the crevices underneath where all the food goes. It's disgusting. Windy loves it.

So, I've been searching for one that had a better design and also didn't scream baby. There's lots of nice designs out there. I found one that I loved then saw it was $200. 

No, thank you.

Thanks to Instagram I saw one that I liked from ikea. Oh yeah! Why didn't I think of that! I was a bit nervous about they're recall (ikea recalls in general) so I did some research and found positive reviews.

It's been raining here for a week and Benicio and I full of cabin fever. I've been passing the time crafting but today I decided was the day. 

I made the (sometimes) dangerous decision to walk through the showroom. Today, it was a win. I found a kids hooded towel for $8 - normally they're like $25 - along with some extra child proofing stuff. We found the high chair snapped a pic of where to find it and off we went.

Aisle 13 - bin 4 and 19.

Go by bin - grab the tray.
Stroll down to bin 19

...

There's nothing.

IKEEEEAAAAAA!!!!

I take a deep breath. Pat Benicio's butt who is happily resting on his Sakura bloom. I walked up and down the aisle about 5 times talking to myself. I wasn't going to leave without the high chair!

I was about to make another round when I spotted the seat. 

You see, I wanted the white high chair. Not the red one which they had boxes full of overflowing everywhere. 

So, I took that white tray, white seat and the legs from a red one. They're the same but with red bottoms which adds a nice touch. We already took a test run and he loved it! I feel like it made him have better posture. 

Ikea chair
Pros - easy to clean, easy on the eyes, smaller, light, cheap ($25), he's clo

Cons - the tray is little tricky, it doesn't fold (but we've also never folded the other one)




Comments

Popular Posts