We've been busy

A funny thing happened after my last post. Actually, before.

Those first couple of weeks in March I started to feel funny. Nauseous to be exact. A few times at work this wave of nausea would overcome me and I'd break out into a cold sweat as the thought crossed my mind that might just blow in front of a coworkers face. But it would quickly pass and I brushed it off.

It wasn't until at dinner with a friend when that wave hit me that it finally clicked in head. Feeling giddy and excited - I didn't say anything to Bobby when I got home that night. Our fridge had broken and our kitchen looked like a hilarious disaster area plus we were still trying to find a contractor to fix our fence.

I waited until the next morning - St. Patrick's Day - to take a pregnancy test.

Let me pause here for a moment and say that this is a moment I'd always imagined would go a little more smoothly. Yes, it involves peeing on a stick but I don't know. I thought maybe when the magical second line appeared I would compose myself and gracefully present it to Bobby.

Here, my darling husband, here is a stick I've peed on.

Right. The reality was me darting straight to the bathroom without saying a word to Bobby. And of course, that magical second line quickly appeared. I couldn't wait any longer - there was no time to waste composing myself - I don't think I even flushed the toilet. I quickly ripped the door open and stood there with my bedhead, mumbling and crying in gibberish trying to get the words out to Bobby who obviously understood what I was trying to signal to him.

So people, that's what we've been busy with. I'm growing a little human inside of me that I like to refer to as my little bean.

Words cannot even begin to describe how happy, elated, excited we feel. We'll be parents before the end of the year.

there's a baby in there
15 weeks, first trip to LA
Untitled

Comments

  1. Oh goodness. Congratulations! You guys are gonna be such fun parents.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts