Savon Part Deux

Remember that handsoap I made back in January? It's lasted until now. That's over 7 months! For 3 soap dispensers and I gave a pint to my mom earlier this summer. We wash our hands regularly, too.

This weekend I decided to make another batch but instead of using the full gallon of water, I used 3.5 quarts and I also added in some Sweet Orange essential oils I picked up at Whole Foods (gave it a yellow tint, too). This time I used a bar of Dr. Bronner's Pure-Castile soap lavender scented and combined with the oils it smells so fresh. I am way happier with the way this batch turned out. I'm not sure if it has to do with our location/humiditiy levels but cutting the water seemed to balance it out better.  This batch also seems to be soapier. Another tip, don't store it in a gallon jug! It's not the most convenient thing to pour. If you're like us and have a ton of mason jars, use those. We have so many jars left over from our wedding - I'm glad we've kept them because they are so incredibly handy. 
Untitled


PS: We're also still super happy with the homemade laundry detergent I made back in March. We were starting to get a little low so I went ahead and made a double batch. This batch should technically last us about a year and only cost $50 to make! 

Comments

Popular Posts